Geico266

Well Known Member
I've started working on the avionics kit and I came to the intercom instructions. In the instructions is says; "Read the manual to determine the muting settings you prefer." I read the instructions and can't find any info on muting settings. I did find the part about #4 DIP switch setting (on) to keep the music playing while the intercom is being used.... nice feature.

Anyone else who is using this intercom shed any light on which settings you prefer? I don't want the radio to mute the intercom at any time.

Looks like the 403MC has the muting options and the 403 does not. The -12 has the 403.

http://www.flightcom.net/intercoms/403mc-intercom.php

Thanks in advance for any input.

Last edited:
I set my 403 so that the intercom does NOT mute the music. I found it distracting to have the music mute when talking. Normally, when listening to music in a house or car, the music doesn't mute when you speak. My 403 does mute music when the radio breaks squelch, which is as it should be.

guy

I set my 403 so that the intercom does NOT mute the music. I found it distracting to have the music mute when talking. Normally, when listening to music in a house or car, the music doesn't mute when you speak. My 403 does mute music when the radio breaks squelch, which is as it should be.

guy

I totally agree with Guy. This is how I have always set up the many intercoms I have installed over the years.

Looks like the only mute setting is for the music using the #4 DIP switch. I talked to the boys in the Flight Comm booth at OSH and they confirmed this. The 403 does not mute the intercom during radio receiving, it is no longer even an option for this model.