prkaye

Well Known Member
What sort of adapter or connector do I need to plug my SafeAir flexible pitot/static tubing into my steam airspeed/alt gauges from vans? Also, what about for the Dynon?

local source

go to Diottes hydraulics on Belfast rd. They have Topring brand fittings. Bring your instruments with you and they will size the appropriate fittings if you are not sure what you need. These are the same fittings sold by safeair.

Not sure what they use but...

I don't use poly tube in my plane. We are using Tygothane Polyurethane in our UAV aircraft at work with brass barbed fittings. I used the exact tubing in my plane but used nylon fittings. Much cleaner, simpler, idiot proof and no leaks!

Here is what I ordered from McMaster-Carr

5549K31 CLEAR TYGOTHANE POLYURETHANE TUBING, 1/8" ID, 1/4" OD, 1/16" WALL THICKNESS, 25' LENGTH
FORMULATION: C-210-A

5116K301 FDA WHITE NYLON SINGLE-BARBED TUBE FITTING, ADAPTER FOR 1/8" TUBE ID X 1/8" NPT FEMALE PIPE

5116K81 FDA WHITE NYLON SINGLE-BARBED TUBE FITTING, ADAPTER FOR 1/8" TUBE ID X 1/8" NPT MALE PIPE

5116K13 FDA WHITE NYLON SINGLE-BARBED TUBE FITTING, TEE FOR 1/8" TUBE ID

5116K93 FDA WHITE NYLON SINGLE-BARBED TUBE FITTING, 90 DEG ELBOW FOR 1/8" TUBE ID X 1/8" NPT MALE PIPE

torque?

I assume that torque value isn't critical for these fittings into the backs of hte instruments? I just went finger tight and then an extra turn or two with a small wrench to snug them up a bit... no real strength used to do htis, they turn pretty easily