tclaire

What are the advantages and Disavantages of running Flexable Fuel lines From the tanks to the fuel valve and to the Electric fuel pump
Thanks T

Flex Lines

tclaire said:
What are the advantages and Disavantages of running Flexable Fuel lines From the tanks to the fuel valve and to the Electric fuel pump
Thanks T
I've done just that. On my RV4 18 years ago and am doing it on my RV3B under construction.. No problems at all. Much easier than bending solid tubing.. Also use all flex firewall forward.. CU Dick

I also used a steel reinforced 3/8" hose from the tanks to the fuel selector valve. It is important to use hose that will not pinch or collapse and keep bends within the tolerance of the hose.

Roberta

At least in here I quess there are some rules which say that flexible tubes (for fuel) should be replaced every 5 years or so... Anyone know is there any restrictions in States?

And yes, they are just fine after 5 years, but...

teflon lined

If you get the really good braded steel lines that have teflon lining
aeroquip said they don't need replaced ever.. I think thats what they said
at oshkosh..

Danny..

Nothing is forever

godspeed said:
If you get the really good braded steel lines that have teflon lining
aeroquip said they don't need replaced ever.. I think thats what they said
at oshkosh..

Danny..

In the Experimental field you don't have to replace any hose ever...if you don't want to....so the above quote could be true. However it would not be prudent advice to follow.

Many certificated aircraft manufacturers demand replacement of PTFE (Teflon) hoses at specific intervals rather than purely "on condition".