TX7A

Well Known Member
Had an accident & bent the furthest outboard end of the leading edge. Luckily it isn't too serious; it just makes me sick that it happened. :(
Also slightly bent the nose rib. I'm replacing the nose rib and will straighten the leading edge & edge of the wing skin damage.
When I'm fitting the new nose rib, it seems that I should flatten the dimples on the wing skin in order to get the new rib properly fitted up into the leading edge. Then I'll match-drill it to the wing skin & then re-dimple.
Is there a problem with this procedure?

Thanks for any help on this.

dimple

I replaced the fwd spar in a horizontal without flattening the dimples in the skin. By flattening and redimpling you risk cracking the skin.

Last edited:
If it were me

I would simply final drill new rib's holes, dimple and check for fit. Don't mess with leading edge skin holes.

As it turns out, my replacement rib is pre-punched. Don't know why I didn't notice THAT right away when I got it yesterday!?
Once I get all the rivets drilled out & the old rib removed, I'll see how it lines-up with the wing skin holes.
May have to reorder an un-punched rib, if that's even possible.

As far as the re-dimpling thing, I better leave the wing skin dimples alone as suggested.

Thanks guys.