bhassel

Well Known Member
I'm wondering how much tension should be on the movement of the flaperon assembly (before I put on the seat pans). Should the movement be free or should there be tension?

I know its all relative...

Bob

Mine doesn't offer much resistance to lever movement. My Cherokee flaps are spring loaded and offer more resistance than the RV flaperons.

I was just wondering about the tension in the mixer itself. I'm getting ready to mount it to ribs and rivet the seat bottoms on. Once that's done adjusting the tension on that mixer probably won't be easy.

Bob

I was just wondering about the tension in the mixer itself. I'm getting ready to mount it to ribs and rivet the seat bottoms on. Once that's done adjusting the tension on that mixer probably won't be easy.

Bob

It is not clear (to me anyway) what tension you are talking about.
The entire roll control system (other than the stick pivot points) moves on bearings, so there is very little friction or tension in any of it.

When you're building the mixer (pg 21-04) the tightness of the bolt in step 5 can make the movement stiff, or loose. With the Bushing still moveable, as in Step 4, there seems a lot of variation in the movement of the flaperon mixer arm.

Bob

When you're building the mixer (pg 21-04) the tightness of the bolt in step 5 can make the movement stiff, or loose. With the Bushing still moveable, as in Step 4, there seems a lot of variation in the movement of the flaperon mixer arm.

Bob

Bob,
Tighten the pivot bolt just enough to remove all the play then safety it with the cotter pin.

I made the same mistake on the brake pedals. Thought they seemed a bit stiff after I carefully torqued everything up. :rolleyes: