subpar_bucker

Well Known Member
My friend noticed this the other day. The flaperon skin is just barely touching a few of the LP4-3 rivet heads on the rear spar doubler on my RV-12iS. I'm not sure there's anything I can adjust to fix this issue, but I was wondering if anyone else has observed the same issue?

https://youtube.com/shorts/0n9a2LrdTac

Not the highest quality video, but hopefully it gives you and idea of what I'm trying to describe above. Like I mention in the video, countersunk rivets might have been a better option in that location during construction.

Yes, the clearance on my iS is similar, but definitely not touching. Van’s has changed the KAIs making these flush rivets now to give more clearance.

Thanks for the replies! I should have mentioned I did check the plans I have prior to posting this thread - thought I had missed something. But even the electronic plans I have still refer to the 2014 version of page 14-03 :(

Looks like I missed the update by just a few months. Looking at the newest version (which I downloaded via my Van's build account) shows CS4-4's here. As Scott points out, I should be able to replace these as needed to eliminate the interference.

-bob