tx_jayhawk

Well Known Member
I'm either clearly confused, or Van's shipped me a bad part.

I have the flap weldment in place trying to drill for the center bearing block. The instructions have you position it on the non-powdercoated area of the weldment, which should allow you to drill through the floor and rib to mount the nutplate.

My bare spot on the weldment will not allow the bearing block to be positioned over the rib. Best I can tell, the bare spot should be centered about 1" from the actuator tube, but it appears that mine is 2". I don't want to mount it there, as I will not have a back rib to go through.

I've read on the internet of others who had th bare spot on the wrong side (right vs left), but am I the only one to have this problem?

dsc008571nr.jpg

Thanks,
Scott
7A Fuse

Here is a shot of my flap weldment in place. I would just buff off the offending powder coat enough to clear the block. Correctly placed, the block should be aligned along the flange of the rib with enough room to slide the cover plate between it and the riser channel.

Roberta

flapmech10rq.jpg

Last edited:
robertahegy said:
...the block should be aligned along the flange of the rib with enough room to slide the cover plate between it and the riser channel.

Or you could just slice a little notch in the tunner cover to clear the flap bushing block. That's what I did. Simplified removal/replacement of the tunnel cover.