Aircraft Specialty

Well Known Member
A quick survey question from the skunkworks department at Aircraft Specialty......

Can you please let me know if your DPDT toggle switches used to activate the flaps will rotate when turned, or if they are solid.

Thanks again,
Steve :)

Last edited:
I made some neat flap levers similar to the ones in "Brand X" and gave some away. It seems if you used Van's switch they were fine, but the ones from B&C rotated and made the lever kind of useless.

The ones sold by B&C should have come with anti-rotation ring. The Aero Connection book shows the distance from center to drill for tab on the anti-rotation ring in the switch section of the book.

I think he means the bat handle itself being able to spin freely inside the switch, not that the switch body is turning in its mounting hole in the panel. Some toggle switches are made so there's no "axle pin" thru the handle, but rather just a ball joint, so the handle can spin. I haven't typically seen this design on the large heavy-duty switches commonly used for flap switches, but have seen it on lots of miniature toggle switches that have rounded "bat handles".

No Rotation

I use a Honeywell 2TL28-7 for my flap switch. The toggle lever is threaded 8-32 (and doesn't rotate) so you can screw on whatever type handle you wish. It comes with a Delrin handle that's about 5/8" wide.