tracy

Well Known Member
Friend
What is the best(easiest) way to lower the flaps on the 8? I need to replace the tape.

Disconnect the flap actuator rods inside the cockpit and the flaps should just hang down where you can do that work

Does anyone know a good source and part numbers for this or equivalent tape? I know I can get it from Van's, but the shipping will cost as much as the tape. If I can source it locally, I can get it quicker, as well.

Last edited:
FYI. I used the fuzzy side of Velcro tape on the bottom of the wing skin above the flap. Working great so far (110 hrs.) No scuffs or scratches.

FYI. I used the fuzzy side of Velcro tape on the bottom of the wing skin above the flap. Working great so far (110 hrs.) No scuffs or scratches.

In the desert I think that would be a dust magnet and lead to scratches. :)

Does anyone know a good source and part numbers for this or equivalent tape? I know I can get it from Van's, but the shipping will cost as much as the tape. If I can source it locally, I can get it quicker, as well.

I went for 3M Paint Protection Film. Works great, although I wish I had put it upside down on the wing side, vice the flap itself.