Propilot

While drilling, cutting and fitting the flap support blocks on my RV8 I find that the block fits under the angle that mounts the seat belt bracket. The rear hole center is just of the end of the angle. This puts part of the bolt hole under the edge of the angle. The logical solution is to remove part of the angle to accommodate the bolt and wrench needed. Since this is the mount for the seat belt removing material will weaken the support for the seat belt. I may be worrying about nothing but it is not explained in the builders manual or on the prints. The amount removed seems to be negligible but I feel better checking.

Thanks for any input.

I?m right at this point myself. I took the three bolts out of each seat belt bracket and moved the angles out of the way slightly to gain access to the flap block bolts; it is tight. Unfortunately I cannot get the holes in the flap blocks to line up with the holes in the floor; one side is off by about 1/8? when the bolt is in the other side. Came to the conclusion I need to buy new flap blocks and start over. This time I?m going to clico the floors together off the plane, put the flap blocks on the flap bar and locate the first holes in the block from the floor; I'll start the hole then moove it to the drill press.

yep remove the bolts and bracket out of the way. Drilling those holes for the block was tricky also. Mine came out ok but I had concerns until I got the last bolt to start.

bird

This is one of the areas eluded to in previous posts where the changes to the QB kits just cause more work.

I find it frustrating to have to disassemble structure to allow progression.

Coupled with wrongly installed nutplates, missed items and bolts etc, it makes me wish that Vans still used CZAW for assembly as our RV7 was :rolleyes: