Stewbronco

Well Known Member
Ok. Another potentially dumb question .....anyone ever put a doubler around hole in fuselage for flap rod ? Thinking of doing exactly that and the " longerin" that floorboards sit on has a relief in it also that I think could use a doubler also ? ...many thanks and pictures of the ckearnce holes appreciated. Cheers. Stew

Pics of yours?

Stew, Can you post a picture of yours? I will get you some of mine next time im at my hangar. I have to remove an interior panel to do internal shots unless I have some in my build photos. The trimming of the floor longeron is not uncommon. If your cutouts are smooth, I wouldn't really worry about a doubler, but then again, I don't know how big they are. When your flaps are "up" is the hole trough the skin covered?

Pictures

Thanks Bill .... I will try and post some pictures . Hole is completely covered with flaps up ....just not used to a fairly substantial hole in skin without a doubler . Reassuring to hear that the " longeron " gets trims as a usual matter ....thinking I will add something simple just for peace of mind as I have things apart right now.