airguy

Unrepentant fanboy
Sponsor
Has anyone installed the Van FPS flap positioning system (one touch for 10/20/40 and up) and also put in a potentiometer for a flaps indicator on the panel? I'm looking at mine and I'm not quite sure how I'm going to get that done, but I sure do want to have the flaps position reported on the Dynon screen so I need to get a 0-5v potentiometer in there.

Yes, I know my Mark I eyeballs will suffice - just humor me...:D

I fabricated a custom flap position indicator system. I made a mounting bracket from al. angle and attached a 10K radial potentiometer to that. I then fabbed an arm from .063 al. I cut a long slot in the arm. I used a small piece of al. tube over the attach bolt and the slotted arm rides on that. I riveted a small piece of 1/4" al on the arm and threaded it for a set screw to hold it on the potentiometer arm. This will feed a Dynon D120 for displaying the flap position.

The dynon doesn't want voltage for this sensor, it wants a 0-10K ohm feed from a ground. I can't remember if you feed it 5v, but I am pretty sure you do not. I have not done my wiring yet. I believe the GP input has a pull up circuit.

This was a $3 project.

Larry

Last edited:
You can also buy a Ray Allen POS-10 and get a position indication. You just need to connect it to a moving arm close enough to the axis of rotation that you don't exceed it's travel.