alpinelakespilot2000

Well Known Member
I've heard about flap motors conking out after 50 hours, but I can't get mine to extend or retract the shaft while testing it during installation. I'm assuming I'm just missing something, but when I hook it up to the battery the shaft just spins but does not extend or retract at all. This is true even when I reverse the polarity. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

The actuator has a screw jack inside. When it is installed, the end cannot spin, and the screw jack will go in and out. But, if the end can spin, then no movement is occurring at the threads of the actuator.

Try securing it so the end cannot turn.

Kevin Horton said:
The actuator has a screw jack inside. When it is installed, the end cannot spin, and the screw jack will go in and out. But, if the end can spin, then no movement is occurring at the threads of the actuator.
QUOTE]

A simple key way in the housing would "fix the Problem" but since its not really necessary it would only add to the manufacturing costs. Not a big deal to uncle sam or Boeing but I guess Vans is trying to save us some money. :rolleyes: . I would still design it with a key if it was up to me but whatever.

briand said:
A simple key way in the housing would "fix the Problem" but since its not really necessary it would only add to the manufacturing costs. Not a big deal to uncle sam or Boeing but I guess Vans is trying to save us some money. :rolleyes: . I would still design it with a key if it was up to me but whatever.

That's a good idea - it would removethe need for us to drill holes for safety wire to keep the rod end from twisting off!

mcb