MED

Well Known Member
Friend
You may already know this, but . . . Page 32-07, figure 2 calls for installing 2 AN426AD3-4 rivets into the flap motor brackets, but the F-01405F mid-fuselage brace has not been countersunk. I confirmed with Sterling at Van's that flush rivets are required, because a flush cover will be installed later. Also, on page 32-08, figure 1, flush 426 AN 3-3 rivets are called out to join the baggage side panels and the F-01482 L & R bulkheads, when dimpling the side panels and the bulkheads was not specified. Sterling said it was acceptable to either dimple and install flush rivets or, as I did, just install 470 AN 3-3 rivets instead.

Last edited:
Ok, thanks. I have the QB fuselage, and I try to check all the steps as done, but I missed that one. The two holes for the brackets were not countersunk in my fuselage.

Last edited:
I found a number of "not yet countersunk" holes on my QB wings - it's usually obvious where the fixes are needed (skins get countersunk over the holes for rivets or more commonly for screws. In one case they used the wrong nutplate and I had to replace it.