avi8tor50

Well Known Member
There is a comment about putting a safety wire through the "lip" on the end of the drive that comes off the flap motor. If anyone has done this I would love to see a photo of same.

After installing the WD-613 weldment with the plastic blocks it seems that there is a fair amount of resistance to move the bar. It does move but I am wondering whether the flap motor will be strong enough to move it when attached. Just how tight should this be? Am I missing something?

As always any help is much appreciated.

Avi8tor50
RV9A QB

I safetied the flap motor exactly per plans, but didn't take a picture of it. Sorry.

The plastic blocks break in over time and become less tight.

Dave

The flap torque tube should not be real tight in the nylon bushing blocks. This does nothing good for the assembly or functionality of the flap system. If its too tight, it could be a slight misalignment of the blocks, too tight a hole machined in the block itself, or too much powdercoat on the outside of the tube. In any case, do what you need to relieve the fit and get it moving easily. Building these planes isn't an exact science - lots can be done incorrectly without any feedback from the "builders manual" at all.

Bill Wightman
RV4, RV8