randylervold

Does anyone know if the clutch in the electric RV-6/7/8/9 flap actuator is adjustable? I just hooked mine up and it doesn't want to slip.

Are you sure this is a clutch? I always thought it came to the end of the threads and just spun. I don't think I can get my flaps to slip until they get to the end of the threads.
Jim
RV7AAAAAAA

Up here in Arlington Dick B put a micro switch in on the up side to stop the flaps from caving in the floor on his -3. I?m doing the same on my 3 also. Pictures at Scapoose on the 16th unless you can?t wait????..

We actually tested the system quit a bit and determined that we either had to change the geometry or put a limit switch in. The limit switch was easier.

My bad

RV7AAAAAAA said:
Are you sure this is a clutch? I always thought it came to the end of the threads and just spun.
Jim and Frank, you're right, there's no clutch in there, I just confirmed it with Van's. I made an erroneous assumption here, yikes! Now I need to either put in a limit switch or change the geometry of the mounts to coincide with the full travel of the actuator. Frank, my apologies to Dick for leading him down a bad path. Dang, I screwed this up!

Just bought a RV8 and had it looked over by Crotts Aircraft in Dodge City. The flap adjusters were the original aluminum tubes so I wanted to replace them with steel. Crotts found that the flaps would not free wheel at the top and it was surprising they hadn't bent of broke something when retracted. We made the new adjuster tube the correct length and now get full flaps with no binding.
I am no builder but you could call Mike at 620-227-3553 to get the accurate info, he has built over a dozen RV's.

steve
Ks.