chris mitchell

Well Known Member
Patron
I'm an electrical numbskull, so apologies for what is probably a very dumb question.

I am using the Infinity stick top and relay board. I have the flap switch on teh stick top with a ON-OFF-(ON) switch (intermitent for down). I want to wire a light into the circuit so that I don't inadvertaantly leave the flap motor running with the up switch left on. Wht is the best way (or even the only way??) to do this? I shouldn't put the light in series with the motor, that much I have worked out - should I put it between the common return of the switch and earth - or +12volts? I wante d it show that the flap motor was running whether up or down, not just up.

Thanks for input. Apologies again if its really obvious!

Chris

How about a limit switch?

Hi,
Have you thought about using a limit switch mounted either at the flap arm or at the motor side? That way when the flaps reach the up limit it will stop the flap motor. You can find some nice switches from surplus houses for less than a dollar. If you need help with the circuit, send me an email and I'll get the circuit to you and I can suggest a couple good surplus houses.
Paul

N694BP reserved
RV-6A VSB (very slow build)

I'm an electrical numbskull, so apologies for what is probably a very dumb question.

I am using the Infinity stick top and relay board. I have the flap switch on teh stick top with a ON-OFF-(ON) switch (intermitent for down). I want to wire a light into the circuit so that I don't inadvertaantly leave the flap motor running with the up switch left on. Wht is the best way (or even the only way??) to do this? I shouldn't put the light in series with the motor, that much I have worked out - should I put it between the common return of the switch and earth - or +12volts? I wante d it show that the flap motor was running whether up or down, not just up.

Thanks for input. Apologies again if its really obvious!

Chris

Simple: connect the lamp between the two flap motor wires. Does not work with LEDs unless you add a bridge rectifier.

If you need to dim this lamp for night operations, it's more complicated. We created the IL-4A for this purpose several years ago.

You can also add a limit switch and hook the lamp up to indicate whenever your flaps are extended. Search the threads for this to get some schematics.

Vern