RV6AussieNick

Well Known Member
I'm trying to work out what is the most efective flap angles for take off and landing for the RV 6.

I've spent all arfternoon searching and reading old threads, the only thing i have come up with is 13?, 26?, and 39? flap angles.

Another thing i'd like to do is paint the flap angle incruments on the leading edge of the LH Flap, as the flaps are deployed, the flap angles become visable indicatijng the angle of flaps. Just need to work out how the flap angle is measured, does anyone know how the flap angles are measured?

Cheers,

Nick..

With the flaps in the full UP position, this is called 0 (zero deg) Flaps.

Now, place a digital level on the top surface of the flaps and zero out the reading. Lower the flaps until 10 deg is indicated on the digital level. The flaps have now been lowered 10 degrees.

Continue on for any other position desired.

For take off give it full right aileron and align the flaps with the left aileron. That gives you 15 degrees for take off, I rarely use flaps on take off. For landing as I slow to flap speed just before turning downwind push the flap switch and count three seconds (one one thousand etc.) that is approx half flap. Then as I turn base I go to full flaps. I use full flaps on 95% of my landings. Nice thing about this is you only have to trim twice, once as you level off on downwind and then after you go to full flaps. Don

dito for yakdriver. but i usually dump full flaps abeam the #s. practice landing with no flaps too. what a difference! practice practice practice
lockheedf117nighthawk.jpg

flap angle

Nick-if you have the manual flaps ,follow the angles you found.With the electric flaps[optional on the 6 initially]I set 10,20 and 40 degrees marked on the left flap, with tape under the clear tape on the fwd flap skin[this on the 7].call at home if needs Paul