Hi everyone

The inner end rib on the flap is riveted to the FL-706A angle (and spar) with LP-4 pop rivets. I'm finding that the rivets wont sit flush as the holes are quite tight into the radius on the angle bracket.

There are no dimensional errors, everything fits together and the angle and it's holes sit nicely over the full scale diagram on the plan so I figure lots of people have seen this.

I started to very gently create flat spots for the rivets then thought I'd check with Vans and here before removing too much material.

Vans said it wont make any practical difference strength wise, set them and move on. I'm ok with that but I'd hate knowing they'd be sitting there like that slowly turning to cocoa.

Did anyone do anything different?

I do have some Hysol adhesive I might use in there to better seal the rivets too if that wasn't considered overkill.

Thanks in advance.

Flaps

I formed the rivet head to conform to the radius. I inserted the rivet then used a small brass tube to tap on the rivet head. The heads conformed pretty well. I don't think it makes any difference structurally, but the rivets looked better.

I can't remember whether I used a steel angle with a hole drilled near the radius or used the flap.

While I don't usually condone the use of a bigger hammer, it worked pretty well in this case.

Good luck.