AFulmer

The flap actuator rod (and the rudder pedal "bar" for that matter) as it rotates in the Delrin bearing blocks on the ends seems TOO TIGHT to me.

What have others done to loosen up the fit between the end Delrin bearing blocks and the steel weldments. Lubricate? Take emery cloth to steel at bearing points?

TIA

Usage does the trick

I used a bit of Boelube on it intially to get it fit in to place. Once installed, usage will take care of the rest - it doesn't take long for it to smooth out.

N520TX said:
I used a bit of Boelube on it intially to get it fit in to place. Once installed, usage will take care of the rest - it doesn't take long for it to smooth out.

I used LPS 1 on the tube/delrin connection. Also coated the inside of the tube with LPS 3. Did you deburr the ends of the tube?

Jekyll

Don't worry about it

Don't sweat it. I'm not even flying yet and mine have already loosened up quite a bit.

Tight fit.

Van's has answered a question on this issue not that long ago as I recall. Their suggestion was to leave it as it is, this is a normal situation. It will loosen on it's own and anything you may do could cause more problem.

What have others done to loosen up the fit between the end Delrin bearing blocks and the steel weldments. Lubricate? Take emery cloth to steel at bearing points?

Yes, and yes to answer your questions quickly. The emery cloth took off the black coat on the ends of the weldments and smoothed out the surface until they pivoted MUCH more freely, but not too excessive. I also put Lubriplate (light beige color) on the delrin and steel surfaces. Lubriplate is often used by auto machanics on such things as car door hinges, auto hood latches, etc. It is a good general purpose lubricant, but others can be used as well.

Don Gray
Cortland, OH
N17QB 7A QB in progress

I just got done with mine. Make sure the rod has the edges cleaned up and is all the way into the bushings. Take a rubber mallet and make sure to drive them home. They should be somwhat hard to pivot but not that hard that it won't move by hand with due force from your hand or the motor. Don't want any play so do whatever you can before removing material and have them loose or with play.

Jose Borja
Ell Mound, WI.
http://www.members.aol.com/pepeborja/RVfuse2.jpg