TShort

Well Known Member
Couple of questions re: the bracket that attaches the flap actuator to the bulkhead.

Is the swivel attachment on the end of the actuator supposed to have some "play" inside the -406 bracket? The way it is now, there is some back and forth action inside the bracket ... this makes sense, and there is no indication of washers / spacers on the plans.
If so, how do you torque the nut on the -4 bolt? Proper torque would likely compress the bracket. I'm wondering if it would be better to put a drilled bolt in here and then secure with a cotter pin.

Anyone have any pics of their installation??

Thanks
Thomas

I put an appropriate amount of washers so as to not compress the sides of the bracket. I find this occurs often and I just put them in even though not spefically called for in the plans. In many instances I have to use a combination of regular and thin washers. I purchased a stock of thin washers in all the common sizes and have used them more times than I can count!

Jerry

That's what I was thinking about doing ... but I was wondering if it was intended to have some lateral freedom of motion by design?

Thomas

Is this the General Consensus?

Hey all -

I was perusing the archives for answers to this and many other questions, and I wondered if anyone had anything to add to this? I'm tempted to use a drilled bolt and castle nut with cotter pin here. My thought was that adding washers could cause some binding through the travel, but I haven't tried it. Thoughts?

thanks
cj