Flying Scotsman

Well Known Member
Anyone have a good source for this? Just got a quote for (gasp) $120 a *pint*. To quote The Kid From Brooklyn..."What are they sellin', liquid f**king gold?"

Barring that, is there an alternative that is just as good but *doesn't* cost an arm and a leg?

TIA.

Steve

CS1900 Firewall Sealant

I bought a pint last year from Sealpak in Wichita. They offer a number of packaging options and my small order was no problem. CS1900 is HAZMAT so you'll pay a HAZMAT shipping fee, but I didn't pay anywhere close to your previouse quote!

See http://www.sealpakcoinc.com/

Good luck,
Mike

I just purchased 1/2 pt from SealPak as well. This is plenty to do the firewall and maybe even enough to do two firewalls. Cost was $26 plus a little over $30 for hazmat shipping.

flameister

...just a question guys, obviously this is a good fire sealant, but does this stick to stainless sheet any better than hi-temp silicone?

You're going to ask about high-temp RTV, right?

Check the temperature ratings...I think that stuff is only rated to 400F, while true firewall sealant is rated to 2000F (intermittent).

Flamemaster

I bought mine from Flamemaster in one the tubes that mixes when you start it. Whole thing, shipping and all was under $30

For those in the L.A. area...Aviall over by VNY has CS 1900. $50/pt, and you can avoid the hazmat/shipping fees. I plan to stop by within a week and bag some.

Mighty pricey stuff, any way you look at it...but since it may be the last line of defense in the event of a *very* nasty situation, I'm willing to shell out the dinero for the best I can get.