RatMan

Well Known Member
What did you make your FL406C out of? I'm down to just the flaps to do and I can't find any material to fabricate this from except one of the three 3/4 X 3/4 angles that are around 10 feet long. Aren't these stiffners for the fuse?

Rat

I think you do use those ... check the length first though!!
Since I ordered a QB fuse those long 3/4 x 3/4 angles were left out and I had to specially order some angle to make the flap brackets ... so I think they are cut from that stock.

Thomas
-8 wings

I'm still waiting for my wings to arrive but I'm trying to premake all the pcs. that I can (406's, 408's). I have some of that angle so it would be great if someone could give me the dims. so I can make the FL406C's, since I don't have the full scale dwgs. yet. I think they call this hi-jacking :D ....Sorry Ratman

That's no problem Brian, Thomas already helped me out.

Assuming you have your preview plans you can find them there. If memory serves I think they're on 14A if not just look for the plans that covers the flaps, I left my plans at the hangar. Might be a bit tricky to build from those as the full size plans gives you a full scale drawing to get the shapes correct. Also note the type of material to be used.

Hope this helps,
Rat

RatMan,
The two .125x3/4x3/4 angles that are 15 feet long are your fuselage longerons. Do not cut these. There should have been a warning in your
paperwork for the wing kit not to cut these. The remaining angle stock
is to be used for brackets and stringers and such. You will use this in
the wing and fuselage construction. There are some other small pieces
that came with the wing kit that are used to make brackets and shims
for attaching the floor assembly to the spar carry through.

Hope this is helpful,
Pat

Thanks Pat.

Yes the warning is there and I knew not to cut those. I had three additional pieces of stockabout 10 feet longand I made them from those. It seems a little note of where to get the material for the 406C would have been a good thing to go along with the warning. Unless I just missed it, there's no mention.

I emailed Vans and they replied later the same day that Thomas replied.

Rat