danielhv

Well Known Member
Im debating on sending them to my work, and then taking them home after I get off, or I'll have to take a day off work and get them at home... how big and heavy are these things?

-Daniel

They are about this big:

The big box will fit in the back of small pickup. The long spar/longeron box will stick way out the back of an 8' pickup bed, even with the tailgate down.

And it will take two HEALTHY boys to move 'em any distance. Buy a 12-pack and call a couple friends, it's much more fun that way.

About this big- garbage can and Red Bull can for reference:D
1203827477.jpg

And it will take two HEALTHY boys to move 'em any distance. Buy a 12-pack and call a couple friends, it's much more fun that way.

One thing I did was purchase two of those padded furniture dollies from Harbor Freight. I found that I could unload my pickup at home by myself or sometimes just with my wife's assistance. I would slide the big box out the back and as the end started to drop I would place one of the dollies under it. I could then slide the other end back out of the truck and set that end down on the other dolly. It was then easy to roll around anywhere I wanted. Also, made it handy for when I needed to alter the shop layout.

Of course, make sure where you place the dolly is strong enough to support the weight of the box or use flat sheet of plywood to help distribute the weight.

The 12 pack and friends does sounds like more fun, though... :)

Make a note...

Im debating on sending them to my work, and then taking them home after I get off, or I'll have to take a day off work and get them at home... how big and heavy are these things?

-Daniel

Daniel,

One thing you will want to make sure you do... inspect the crates on all sides in great detail to include the bottom for shipping damage. Once you pay and sign, dealing with damage can sometimes be difficult. ABF IMHO seems to have a pretty good track record unlike some others.