Kallish

I'm New Here
I am wondering if somebody who has a rv-6 will allow me to sit on one. I am planning to buy one but have a right leg that was in a motorcycle accident and does completely bend. I do not have to fly in one as I know I will enjoy it as long as I can fit. I live in the Allentown,Pa area.

Brett

Brett,

Keep in mind, from a comfort standpoint, not all RV-6s are the same. An ealier model may have floor-mounted pedals and a floor-mounted battery. A later version or one that has been retrofitted will have overhead pedals and a firewall mounted battery. The later RV-6 is pretty much the same as the -7 with a tiny bit less headroom. If you sit in one RV, just be sure to note the configuration and make sure the one you buy is the same. Don't be turned off if the one you try is in a configuration that doesn't work for you, there are lots of options out there.

The Anti-Splat "Almost a RV-14 Seating Mod"

It's also possible to improve the fit with this mod that allows the seat back to recline farther. It doesn't do anything for leg room, but the distance from the pilot's face to the instrument panel is increased, which can do a lot for how it feels, in that the panel isn't so much "in your face."

You can check it out here: http://antisplataero.com/Products.html, and there's a video demonstrating the difference and showing how to install it.

Thanks for the replies, I just sold my Cheetah and after the accident it felt a lot different getting in and sitting in my airplane but for me it completely an issue of leg room. Jim thanks for the offer and whenever you are going to be at the airport for a while just notify me here and I will drive over or if you want I can PM my phone/text number to you.

Brett

Thanks for the replies, I just sold my Cheetah and after the accident it felt a lot different getting in and sitting in my airplane but for me it completely an issue of leg room. Jim thanks for the offer and whenever you are going to be at the airport for a while just notify me here and I will drive over or if you want I can PM my phone/text number to you.

Brett

Yes, PM your contact info. Weekends and evenings are usually good for me. If you fit, I will take you for a "Free" ride :).

Brett,

Keep in mind, from a comfort standpoint, not all RV-6s are the same. An ealier model may have floor-mounted pedals and a floor-mounted battery. A later version or one that has been retrofitted will have overhead pedals and a firewall mounted battery. The later RV-6 is pretty much the same as the -7 with a tiny bit less headroom. If you sit in one RV, just be sure to note the configuration and make sure the one you buy is the same. Don't be turned off if the one you try is in a configuration that doesn't work for you, there are lots of options out there.

FWIW my -6 had overhead pedals and the battery box mounted between the pedals. The battery box is a very comfortable place to rest your right leg on long trips (for me anyway), so don't discount aircraft that have a battery there.

FWIW my -6 had overhead pedals and the battery box mounted between the pedals. The battery box is a very comfortable place to rest your right leg on long trips (for me anyway), so don't discount aircraft that have a battery there.

Ditto... that battery box makes a good footrest for me too whenever in smooth air when I don't need to keep feet on the rudder pedals. In turbulent air both feet stay on the pedals of course, but in smooth air my -6 cruises with feet off the pedals, ball in the center and no tail wag at all. ;)