jackhammer

I'm New Here
I have just started on my quick build wings and tanks and wanted to fit a flop tube to one of the tanks. The only problem I can see is getting in to the tank to rivet a small stiffener ring to the back of the tank for where the float sender is moved to in the second bay. Has anybody had this problem ? The only thing I can think of is to get another stiffener and use the supplied cover plate and cut a hole the size of the inside of this. This would then give me access to be able to rivet the ring on. any help would be great ta

Same issue, made a donut shaped douber then slotted

I built a doubler ring on the outside of the tank matching the float hole on the inside and extending out far enough to properly mount the nut plates. Predrilled all rivet and bolt holes by match drilling to the outside of the tank.
Then I slotted the doubler ring and bent to a slight corkscrew to insert into the tank via float opening. A little Proseal and a few rivets later I had my internal doubler/nut plates.

still confused

thanks JD but Im still a little confused
how did you go about riveting the stiffener on to the inside of the tank , I cant get my squezzer through the float hole or did you make a bigger access plate or use pop rivets to secure the stiffener on:confused:

Bucking Bar

I don't clearly remember. I think my squeezer fit the hole. It was that or I used a bar via the internal fuel vent.
At ant rate I did remove the outside rib but nothing else to accomplish this.

flop tube

I have a 6, when installing the flop tube I shortened the tube so as to miss the float type sender. This way it is not necessary to move the sender. Unusable fuel is only 1qt. It has worked well for 830hrs. thx Dennis