jcoloccia

Well Known Member
Paul Rosales gave me my first ride in his RV about 4 months ago. It was a wonderful experience. This morning, he gave my partner in crime Ellen her first ride. She came home with the RV grin saying, "We TOTALLY made the right choice...stop loafing around and finish building that plane!"

Once again, Paul, I just wanted to say thanks.

Fair Warning!

Gentlemen!
You gotta' be REEALLY careful about orchestrating first RV rides for your mates! As soon as mine climbed out after her first ride in a friends RV-6 she said "What are you doing here? Get home and get to work!" I've been "cut off" 'til I'm done, if you know what I mean. :eek:

Seriously, it did change the dynamics a LOT. She is a REAL building partner now. Lots of help, anytime I need it. :)

Only problem is that I may have to learn to quilt as a payback.......

Last edited:
rzbill said:
.....You gotta' be REEALLY careful about orchestrating first RV rides for your mates! ......it did change the dynamics a LOT...........
My wife was hopelessly indifferent to the RV....she grew up around airplanes....until her first flight to visit her brother 175 miles away. The trip took 69 minutes. Since then, she says stuff like "Well...did you top off my airplane?" :D

Rick Galati RV-6A "Darla"

My pleasure John! We had a nice flight over the hills to Santa Monica, over the top of and 'through' the LAX corridor, around Long Beach, Fullerton, El Monte, Burbank, lunch at Agua Dulce then home. She flew well!

Along the lines of Rick's comment on his wife; When I'm by myself and people ask if this is my plane, I respond, "Yes, it's my plane..." but if Victoria is standing there "No, it's our plane..." :) Rosie

PS Bob: The only way I'll get Victoria to Minnesota is a hot SUMMER!

Last edited:
Bob Collins said:
One of these days, I have to pay Rosie to fly to Minnesota. :). It could be a whole new business -- builder's spouse motivation consultant.

Bob: Rosie was good enough to give my wife her first RV ride at LOE 02 upon hearing that Van's would not because she was not a "builder".

Well, that motivated her and she now she is after me every time I want to take time off from going to the "shop".

No complaints, she's been 50% of every set rivet so far!

rosie8jf.jpg

Steven L Hild
La Vernia, TX
RV-7