RV7Factory

Chief Obfuscation Officer
I got to take my first ride in an RV-7 today thanks to Dan Checkoway. Dan was blasting through my area and offered me a ride, which I gladly accepted. Thanks Dan!

What a great airplane... Dan's and the RV-7 in general. While I am building a 7, when I visited the factory in May the 7 was gone so I flew the 9A. The only thing wrong with the 9 was that it wasn't the 7. :D

I am still amazed at the amount of rudder needed in RV's (as in almost none). I had been flying a Citabria for a few years prior, and it IS a rudder airplane. Anywhooo... Dan's airplane handles beautifully, and his Aero Sport engine just purs. Dan, thanks for motivating me, now it's off to the shop... gotta keep pounding those rivets!

For more pics go here.

rv7_ride_005.jpg

Caption: Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Last edited:
Brad,

I feel your excitement! While visiting the L.A. area the last 2 weeks, I hooked up with Walter Tondu and we met at Chino and Dan offered me a ride as well. It was awesome! I can only hope my plane comes out close to as nice as Dans. He's a very good pilot and a great dude.

-Jeff

DSC00779.jpg

Cool!

I love the view of the turtledeck!

rv7_ride_009.jpg

Dan, Come on back to Mass and give us some rides!

:D CJ

Last edited:
Dan,

I agree with CJ. When on the New England leg of your world tour, make sure to stop in RI also. :)

Thanks for spreading the RV love.

Take care,

Jim

Captain_John said:
Dan, Come on back to Mass and give us some rides!:D CJ

Rides

FlapJack1 said:
Dan- Need more video!

Yeah, me too! Just need to find the time. I have two or three spots where I fly where I definitely want to get some video in the near future.

Glad you guys enjoyed the rides.

Regarding flying back to MA, maybe next summer.

)_( Dan
RV-7 N714D (602 hours)
http://www.rvproject.com