Guy Prevost

Well Known Member
Well, I'm leaving Albuquerque Friday afternoon with a planned arrival at Oshkosh Sunday afternoon.

In order to begin familiarization with my new glass panel, I decided to remove my AF-3500 from the panel and install it on the bike. Surprisingly, this only took about 20 seconds.

Also installed are Garmin 276C GPS and electronic countermeasures device. Notice analog backups installed in the panel.

174549630-L.jpg

See ya all there!

Guy

I know you guys are more experienced riders than I am but...

when I ride, I have a full plate just watching the road and other drivers.

Bring it by the booth and I will install the new software for the ride home :)

I was going to post a picture of the new V5 software and Jennifer said no :mad:

I am leaving for Oshkosh on Friday in the RV-4, so anyone on the way will see it. :cool:

Rob Hickman
Advanced Flight Systems

In order to begin familiarization with my new glass panel, I decided to remove my AF-3500 from the panel and install it on the bike. Surprisingly, this only took about 20 seconds.

Ah yes...a Triumph.....in the old days (1971) we would have also packed a full set of light bulbs, a couple sets of points/condensers, maybe a spare set of rings, valve lapping compound, spark plugs, baling wire to reattach stuff that vibrated or broke off, Preparation H for the rider, enough tools to sink the Bismarck, and an open calendar with no specific time to arrive at destination......... :D

Have a great (uneventful) trip!

Last edited:
Plate! That made me think....

Mel said:
I would be afraid of this installation. I would be concerned about spilling my milkshake or the juice from my hamburger dripping on the screen as I drive down the rode. :eek:

Kent

Mel said:

Actually, the GPS give voice directions via my AutoComm intercomm. I also have the Ipod, 2way radio, and radar detector and piped in. Much like our aircraft, the intercom mixes everything and with one weatherprooof connection to the helmet all of the electons find their way in and out of my helmet.

I put about 11k miles a year on this thing, so it's set up to travel. Most trips are more about riding than this one. This trip is mostly using the bike for transportation.

Guy Prevost said:
New Fork! Race Tech Cartridge emulators with Wirth progressive springs! The 19" front wheel helps too!
Yes, but going over would be less fun on the bike than in a RV :eek:

(done it at ~20 on a road bicycle ... not pretty!)