Flew my -3A for the first time today! Very sensitive. Right wing is heavy, hopefully I fixed that. Went up for a round in the pattern and landed. I took the top cowl off to make sure everything was fine. By the time I got it back on and addressed the wing heaviness the winds had picked up beyond my comfort zone. Maybe take it up again this evening...

congratulations! I had my first flight last week. It's kind of a surreal feeling isn't it?
It is. over 300 hours in labor to get mine going. I bought it wrecked last November. Worked on it on and off, and then full time about 2 months ago. Congratulations on your first flight!

Flew my -3A for the first time today! Very sensitive. Right wing is heavy, hopefully I fixed that. Went up for a round in the pattern and landed. I took the top cowl off to make sure everything was fine. By the time I got it back on and addressed the wing heaviness the winds had picked up beyond my comfort zone. Maybe take it up again this evening...
Is this is a conventional gear airplane? I remember Vans only offers the tailwheel version for the RV3

Hmmm ... what to call it? :ROFLMAO:

i-rfWwHG9-L.jpg