Taildrgr

Well Known Member
Flew my RV-7A today after nearly 4 years of construction. Based at Hicks Field (T67), north of Ft. Worth, TX.
Flew straight, no heavy wing noticed and ball was centered. No wheel pants or fairings for first few flights during engine break-in.
Wore my lucky hat - old beat up RV-4 hat that Bob Avery gave me 20 years ago from my previous build first flight.

Hard to see the RV grin in the cell phone photo, but its there!

First20Flight203_zpsfoqmffjs.jpg

Congratulations!!

Bob, big congrats on the new fledgling :D

Now, you need to change that sig line;)

The red is a custom mix Acry Glo metallic basecoat copied from a 2001 Chrysler Ruby Red Pearl code PR6.

The paint scheme is copied with permission from F1Rocket on VAF.

Bob,

Our planes were in the paint shop at the same time. I watched Grady tape your fuselage. Love your colors and the scheme. Congrats on the first flight!

Regards,

Last edited:
Yes, the other color is Champagne Pearl and the trim stripe is Woodland Brown Metallic.

Here's another pic, but it was not a bright day so the colors are not as vibrant:

DSCN240020164_zpstbnjuafu.jpg

So it can be done?

There it is all shiny and new and proof that this never ending journey does end in a flying airplane!

Congrats and i love your airplane paint job, it is what i was thinking of as i can paint that myself, the straight lines and no joining of colors at the fuselage so no match point to consider, Nice job!

Have fun and thanks for the inspiration pics to those of us still in the never ending journey to first flight!:rolleyes: