Kato's 8

Well Known Member
Hello VAF!
I just end wanted to post a pic signifying the completion of my RV8 first flight.
On Sunday March 29 2015 she took flight and fly she did! Wow! No problems and hands off....really!
ThIs site has been viewed probably daily for 4 years of t building and has been very helpful. Thank you Mr Reeves!
My bird is a quick build kit started February 2011 and 2050 hours of building logged. Kit no 83163 and no 1290 for Rv8s reported to vans as flying. Also no 8996th vans aircraft overall! Didn't make the 9000th. Dang!!
Now for the remaining hours of phase 1.
29b02bf1648e8f1dcfe8fde5c652a79f.jpg

Congratulations Bill! Now you can use all the spare time you have polishing the skins! Or flying some more if you would rather. ;)

9000 coming up?

That means we'll probably see the 9000th RV take flight in the next week or two. Incredible.

Congratulations on your fledgling, and stay safe in phase one!

- mark

If every builder were like you persistent to the end we would have about 30,000 RVs flying by now. Nice job Bill, enjoy the fruit of your hard labor!

Hello RV-8'ers!
I just could not stand it any longer! I bought a RV-8 QB kit and just recieved the emp. Why did I do this you ask? Well, after many flights in my trusty Citabria along side a RV-8 who is struggling to fly slow enough for me I had to do something. I also like the tandom configuration and sliding canopy. 'nough said. So....I am currently setting up shop. I have recieved tool orders and built benches, and now I'm deciding on weather to prime or not to prime.

So, hello everyone. I look forward to reading more on this forum and learning all I can from all of you.

Bill

29b02bf1648e8f1dcfe8fde5c652a79f.jpg

Bill,
A big congratulations on the build, and most important the flying. It is a delight to do that irst flight, sit at the end of the runway and say that prayer and then roar down the runway and Smile!!!! YEAHAW!!!!

Congratulations..
Jack

Mine was a year ago. You are in for a FANTASTIC year. It only gets better! Go fly that bird!

Thank you all for the kind responses! I have received much more from all of you over the years than I haven given but as always, I'm left feeling welcome and accepted. Thank you!
VLAD, I forgot all about that post I made back in 2011. I read that again and I do believe I could smell the fresh cut lumber! Thanks for reposting it and taking back again..
It's going to be a great year!