Bob Brown

Well Known Member
It's great when a plan comes together! The inspection on our RV7A went great on Tuesday, then I flew 9 hrs with Mike Seager this week on Wed, Thurs, and Friday in N666RV (the beast). Today, we had a great Young Eagles day at the EAA292 Chapter Hangar and then...it seemed right.
I fired up the RV7A and with Mike Seager whispering all the magic words just as if he were sitting next to me, at 3:30 PM N174BK roared down the runway and into the air for her maiden flight. Following a short level off at 4000 note all the numbers, I climbed to 6000 and followed the test card, including slow flight and some stalls in various configurations. Everything worked great! With all the numbers right as they should be, and after an hour in flight, I landed here at Independence (7S5) to the welcome of all the friends here who helped make this happen. The plane flew straight, as advertised and smooth as silk. Thanks to all of you here who helped make that happen, especially Dan of course. The starting routine works great. I'm very pleased with the purge valve setup. After a de-cowling and inspection, she's ready to go again tomorrow.
Wow...what else is there to say?
Tomorrow awaits!

Bob

Congrats!

Great job, Bob!

Quick question - how was the AOA calibration out of the box? Did it match up to what you expected during your slow flight tests?

I'll admit I was so whelmed that I didn't even turn on the AOA in flight. Everything else worked great. I especially liked the Trutrak ADI. The other systems (autopilots, AOA)will be tested one at a time. No wind noise (compared to the 6A I flew). I'm still in wow mode.

Gotta go fly this morning...

Great

Congrats. The 40 hours will go fast and you'll have lots to do. Enjoy!!! The RV sure shrinks the country.

Thats Great Bob,

Glad to see that all went well. I to was over whelmed with excitement when I flew my RV-7 for the first time. See you up in the skies some time..

Chris W.
N214MN
RV-7 Finished

Bob, yoodaman. Well done! You're bound to have an uneventful Phase 1. Enjoy!

Wow!

:) Nice Job Bob!! - I can see the grin from Iowa :)

I'll be thinking of you while assembling my fuselage......Can't wait!