dhall_polo

Well Known Member
3 years and 9 months in the oven.

I had quite a marathon week with a great exclamation point at the end. This week was a blur of faa papers, vinyl numbers and data plates, fuel caps, broken electronics, and working electronics all whizzing around the country on every mode of express delivery. It was a race to pull it all together before my DAR left for a 10 day trip. Somehow it all still came together, and today my plane flew. Key word: plane. Not "fuse" or "fwf" or "project". Yes!

I couldn't have picked a better day. EAA690 had a hundred people over for pancakes, and the bitter cold of a blustery Georgia winter (ha) thawed and treated us to temps up in the 70's. My DAR, (thumbs up on Mike Huffman), gave the plane a thorough once over with flashlight and mirror. All the papers were in order, and he handed over the pink paper!

That's when the screwdriver marathon began. How prehistoric man ever put a plane back together before the cordless screwdriver is beyond me. A few hours later, and with the help of Mike Stewart and lovely Jen, we had her ready to go. I decided a while ago that I wouldn't be doing first flight due to low hours in RV and taildragger, so that duty went to Mike, for whom a first flight is as close to routine as it can ever be for mere mortals. Jamie Painter flew chase, and my job was just to keep the camera steady from left seat in the chase plane. (unsuccesful evidence of this will follow on youtube.)

Uneventful flight other than 'the grin'. Beers were cracked. A new chapter begins.

Don Hall
RV7 ------> FLYING <-------

So let the fun begin!!

There just "aint" no feeling like it!

Congrats Don!

Bring your 7 over to one of the breakfasts real soon when the phase I time is complete. You are in easy range from Cumming Ga. I would love to see your new flying machine.

Chris...

www.titanflyers.com
Nashville, TN