chrispratt

Well Known Member
I'm very happy to say that my brother, Mike, flew his RV-8 for the first time on Saturday, April 24, 2010. Eleven long years in the building and all the ups and downs that go with that, but the "Grin" says it all. I'm sure Mike will post something when he has a chance but it was fly and then off to work. I have to admit that I had a lump in my throat as I watched the takeoff and saw the RV literally leaping into the air. It reminded me of my first flight -- an unequalled feeling.

Congratulations Mike, I'm very proud of you. I'm looking forward to our flights together.

mikeprattfirstflight424.jpg
[/URL]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Circling 52F - Home of VansAirForce.net. Photo by Paula Pratt (Mike's wife). Photo ship flown by Danny King.

mikeprattrvgrinv3s.jpg
[/URL]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
The GRIN

Mike,
It looks like I get to be the first (this time) to say "flying without (wheel) pants is indecent exposure!" :D

Congrats, it looks good!

Congrats!

Congratulations, Mike! Long time coming, huh? I know the feeling all too well ...

Now, just make sure that your days off coincide with great flying weather. You can do that. Have Paula schedule it ... I'm sure sunshine and happiness follow her wherever she goes. :D

Again, congrats.

Last edited:
Congratulations Mike

It was an honor to fly chase for your first flight. Your plane is a beauty. I hope to join you, Paula, and Chris on future adventures in our RV-8s.