RickWoodall

Well Known Member
Finally the weather co-op'd and C-GSTT made its first flight.
2ujqqmb.jpg

Lt.Col Ron Holden did the test flight for me. His experience flying mach2, carrying nukes, and flying various stuff for 19K hours made him the wise choice over my 120 hours.

A very slight drip at the oil cooler and a popped 5am flap fuse were the only two issues and were quickly fixed. One hour in the air and he reports she is very well manered plane with no issues.

Happy Easter:p

Congrats

Way to go Rick.
If your up in St.Thomas after you get your hours flown off, give me a ring. We do bbq's every Wednesday evening at 6 pm starting in june.I will shoot you a pm of my cell number, actually, if it
is nice tomorrow, I may head that way in the morning..

Congrats Rick!

Good news smart choice on test pilot. Give me a call when passing our area heading to St. Thomas of the Carribean :)

Fantastic!

Great to hear all went well Rick. I've been looking for this post. Congratulations and have fun flying her.

Rick

Add my congratulations to the list!
Looking forward to seeing it at Oshkosh.

Wayne Millson

RV 10 Finishing

Thanks

Thanks everyone. Much appreciate it. It was a lot of work and tons of learning. Now to concentrate on pilot skills and learning/using this plane well. Already been plotting out trips I wish to make.

Thanks to all those out in VAF land that helped with questions, pics, advice etc. I could never have completed and or built a plane of this quality without so many strangers helping. A big thanks to all of you. It is impossible to list all of you...but you know who you are..and my sincere thanks!

I will do my best to pay my debts back by helping others building...all for the greater good of vafferville.

:p

Congratulation Rick. That must be an awesome feeling to see your plane fly after all that work. You beat me by maybe three weeks. If everything goes as planned the wings will go on for the final time in another week. Top skin and windshield this week.

Congrats Rick

Congrats Rick. I'm sure the controllers at CYQG will "love" having another RV in the circuit. Ron's a great test-pilot. "Peetie the pilot" might help as well.
Hope you can fly the 25 hrs off and get up to my RV fly-in breakfast at Stratford (CNM4) on June 5th. Pancakes and CDN bacon starting at 8 am!
BTW, all RVers are invited..including our Amercian friends. Had 24 Rv's of all types last year. Hoping for more this year. Info at "perthcountyflyingclub.ca"

Cheers

Dave
RV-7
C-GCPD