DeltaRomeo

doug reeves: unfluencer
Staff member
...Bill posted this in the 'show us the status of your RV-4' thread, and I thought it was such a big event that it needed its own thread. Congrats Bill !!!!

...from Bill...

A few technical delays and a long planned vacation put my first flight off a bit, but I finally found myself in the air in N369BF yesterday morning (Sunday the 5th).

All went as planned with only a couple of small glitches...heavy left wing and a radio problem.

The takeoff was really incredible. My 6A had the same engine/prop combo
(180 hp & Hartzell cs), and the two planes weigh nearly the same, but 69BF was airborne in the blink of an eye...and climb out was effortless and smooth!

I don't have much in the way of statistics, but I believe she's going to be pretty fast once the fairings and wheel pants are on.
A special thanks to Jay and Carol for providing the "chase" and camera duties! This is the second time Jay has flown chase for me and I highly recommend him as he is virtually invisible so you dont' have to think about where that "other" plane is, but he is right there making sure things are in order! Very professional for sure....

Hey... This is really FUN!!!

Chase plane driver, Jay Pratt and a pretty happy me... (p.s. The three fingers is not a gang sign, just the number of planes I've built...LOL)

Congrads Bill...she surely looks good!

Congratulations Bill

Sorry I missed your first flight last weekend, but I look forward to lots of flying together (maybe this weekend). Great to get another -4 in the air.
From the craftsmanship and configuration choices you made, it is really going to be a great example of the breed.
Now, you just need to break your past cycle and enjoy this plane for a while before you get the urge to sell it and build another one! (Maybe I should hide your tools)

PS: Of course you know, there is a race sometime in your future......

fast

Bills 4 is going to be fast!,,,,,, but not as fast as Andys. ;)

Andy and Bill, please come by RV Central and look at my new 150 hp RV4. I will need a little coaching,,, it needs a new canopy :confused:

Very Cool...

Congrats Bill! Now you almost have a Rocket...:)

Smokey
HR2

PS: Jay, I have a complete RV4 canopy and frame if you need it...

Last edited: