0ptions

5 years after beginning my QB RV8, 989DS made it's first flight yesterday afternoon. What a ride! 989DS has a Mattituck TMX0-360 with a Sensenich X prop. Flies hands free at 5000msl and weighs 1095lbs empty and climbs out at over 2000 fmp.

Number 2 CHT is running 90 deg lower then the rest of the jugs but EGT are all even??? It's a new engine so I 'm not sure what this means. Blow by? I'll check compression next week. Other squaks include Vans fuel sendors which do not register full tanks and one that only show 2.5 G when flying. Possible ground issue I hope. Too much pro-seal.

First landing was a go around after using full flaps and bouncing on the mains twice. Should have listened to the threads, use 10-15 deg until your comfortable with the stall speeds. Second approach was a perfect wheel landing. Now over to the terminal for PICS.

Special thanks to Greg Tipsword for getting me into this mess and providing the guidance and practice on his RV-6A. Ron Kostus for his support when I questioned the sanity of this project (RV7 project on going) my family for putting up with 5 years of building and 1 relocation. Lastly this forum for providing the technical guidance and support during the building process. PICS coming soon.

Good show, Doug.

You've joined the ever growing list of aviators who have built and flown an airplane. It is no small accomplishment. Congrats.

dd

Congrats

Way to go. Enjoy the fruits of your labor.

Follow your break in guidelines and watch the temps. Don't be overly concerned until you get things broken in I found my temperatures settling in at around 10 hours.

CONGRATULATIONS DOUG - sounds great! Have great admiration for anyone who actually gets done and flies! Have fun (know you will). Hope to join you next year. Bill