RV7Guy

Well Known Member
Another RV took to the air today. With Robbie Attaway at the controls, 717EE, my RV7 took to the sky in sunny AZ. I flew chase with Don Procise in his 6 and Don Pierson flew with his son in his 7 and got some video. Robbie said it is one of the best he has flown with the engine running great smooth, with lots of power. The ECI IO 360 performed flawlessly. The Emag/Pmag systems worked great as well.

The only problem was the engine monitor (AF2500) went flat line about 15 minutes into the flight. We're trouble shooting the problem now. All other system worked great. No oil or fuel leaks and the temps were great.

There are many to thank. Most importantly Robbie Attaway who kept me from selling everything after the $27,000 Crossflow deal. The other two main players that kept me in the game were Rosie with his endless encouragement and brother Dan who perservered my occasional clueless questions. Finally, my airpark neigbors who were always there when I needed a hand. Many other were there during the process.

Although there are a few challenges yet to conquer, I've seen my plane fly!!!! I can now echo those words that I've seen and heard for two point 5 years, "KEEP POUNDED THEM RIVETS." Now I need some sleep.

Darwin N. Barrie
Chandler AZ
RV7 FLYING!!!!

congrats darwin! your blood, sweat, and tears (crossflow) has finally paid off! great to hear. :)

Darwin,

Congratulations!!! Knowing how close you were, I've been checking in every day waiting for your announcement.

Now get your butt in that thing and get up here and help me finish mine! :D ;)

Happy Holidays!

Last edited:
Congrats Darwin! I saw you on monday and you looked exhausted. Enjoy the sleep, you deserve it.

My "7" Empenage is ordered and is due to arrive next week or so. I am only 4 years behind you. :)

-Ron

Great Job Darwin! I hope to see it someday soon. You can come and give me my first RV-7 ride after your fly off. I am still deciding if I should order my by the end of the year!
Bill

Merry Christmas!

Darwin,

...what a great Christmas present! Congrats & happy flyin'.

Sam

I might have to fly back up to Stellar and see it sometime, since I still haven't gotten a ride with Dan C... I also might refer a friend who lives in Chandler to go over and see you sometime, he's interested in a -7 as well :).

Cangrats!

Congratulations Darwin!

Is the 717 significant of anything? I fly the Boeing 717 and reserved 717ME for my -7! Just thought it would be cool if you did the same & I parked 717ME next to 717EE at OSH! Okay, yes, I'm a geek....

KnotKrazy said:
Congratulations Darwin!

Is the 717 significant of anything? I fly the Boeing 717 and reserved 717ME for my -7! Just thought it would be cool if you did the same & I parked 717ME next to 717EE at OSH! Okay, yes, I'm a geek....

No real meaning. I was actually searching for right angles for ease of painting. The Echo Echo just sounded cool!! Get it, Get it :rolleyes:

Darwin

Great Job Darwin

Hey, I've been waiting to hear when you did the the first flight. Thats great news. I recently talked to you about Whirlwind props RV-200 and your mags,Emag/Pmag. Let me know what happened to your AF-2500 if you can I'm putting the same engine monitor in my 7.
Have many hours of great flying, you deserve it
Bryan B