glider4

Well Known Member
Today at 1:30 PM, I turned the key on the ignition of my RV-8a from OFF to START. The Aerosport Power IO-360B2B fired up in less than 3 seconds even though it had been sitting unused on the engine mounts for over four years! It ran smooth and all the major engine controls worked as they should.

Unfortunately, there was one cap on a secondary oil pressure fitting on the engine that wasn't fully tightened so I had to shut it down earlier than planned after my observer noticed an oil leak. All in all, it went GREAT!

I had planned to do the engine start at 9 AM this morning but needed extra time to tighten one fuel line fitting. I had noticed a very small leak in Sunday during the 12 PSI pressure test of the fuel pump and forward fuel lines.

Glad to have the major question mark of "will it start and run right?" out of the way. Thanks Aerosport Power!

About another four weeks of work before it's ready for DAR inspection - baring any major unforeseen issues. And having the engine start successfully competed takes care of a whole bunch of potential unforeseen issues!

After 8 years and 2 weeks during which I racked up 1,850 hours of building work it's almost a completed airplane.

Al Thomas
N880AT
RV-8A QB

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today at 1:30 PM, I turned the key on the ignition of my RV-8a from OFF to START. The Aerosport Power IO-360B2B fired up in less than 3 seconds
Al Thomas
N880AT
RV-8A QB

And another milestone is behind you:D