RKellogg

Well Known Member
Just completed first annual condition inspection. Generally pleased with the way things look after 180 hours of flying adventures. So far we have landed in IL, WI, MN, ND, NY, NC, IA, MO, MI, KY, IN, OH, VA, only 36 more to go.

It hurts a bit to see the scratches and chips in the paint and the stains in the sheepskin seats, but each one tells a story about a flying adventure. Found a bit of sand in the wheel pants from Cape Hatteras, or maybe Ocracoke Island. And the prop shed a bit of paint from flying through all that rain on the way home from Ocean Isle Beach.

Still thrilled with the concept that a simple guy like me can build a plane that is such a joy to fly, that takes us to the horizons and shows us things that mortals seldom see, that builds a stack of memories to cherish as the years fade forward. Chasing a rainbow until we could see the entire 360 degree multi-colored circle with our tiny shadow in the middle is on the list. Watching the sun set three times within the course of ten minutes, too. Passing a pair of circling eagles at 4000 feet, circling Niagara Falls at 4000 feet, ... ah, but where do I stop, you've heard it all before. The best part is being able to share the experience with good friends. Special thanks to my main co-pilot for making it all possible.

Still grinning, and ready for the next adventure!

- Roger

Grinning too!

Thanks Roger. We are on the same page, but you are hours ahead of me. Just past the one year mark with about 75 hours and only 6 states, but today I flew from Wilmington, Delaware to Fort Myers, Florida on a beautiful day to fly. One stop, 6.0 hours flight time. What a fabulous airplane!

Merrill

Roger, congrats on the plane! It looks great!

It is an incredible accomplishment, huh?

I just completed my first year of flying too! (270 hours for me!)

I tell people that I pinch myself on a daily basis and still can't believe that I built this incedible machine! sounds like you feel the same way!

Many more enjoyable years of flying to you! See you at the shows!

:) CJ

Great report; thanks. Did my medical today -- clocked in at 288 hrs TTSN as PIC. 270 hours in a year! I can't wait till my 7 is flying. A great motivator.

Thanks for the update Roger. I remember when you were posting about your first flight. It felt like just last month! Have fun - it gets me back to the hangar so I can too!!

First year is always memorable. Thanks for the report Roger. When people ask me about hours flown I tell them it's not about the hours it's about the destinations you visit and people you meet. It looks like your geography is quite wide already and expanding rapidly. Waiting for second anniversary report...:)

Keep pounding those rivets!

Vlad, Rocky, Bill, CJ, Ben, Merrill,

Yes, if I had known six years ago how much fun this was going to be, I would have expedited the build!

Hoping to add "AR" to the states list this weekend...

- Roger