bret

Well Known Member
So there I was wiring in a state of the art, high dollar avionics system......well, not actually air plane avionics parts, well, um actually, I was repairing the cord on my wife's UV Nail curing lamp, with a NEW SE razor blade and.......... it went deep, um honey.....can you grab me a band aid.....(we're out) how does that happen? o ya, building an airplane. so, what I discovered works real good, is gauze with silicone tape, that orange stuff you put on the motor mount before clamps and zip ties, it applies a good steady pressure and sticks to its self. So there ya go, a temporary way to stop a hydraulic leak.

I just cauterize them with my soldering iron. What a sissy.

O Ya, we can drift this into welding injuries........inside a machine, awkward position, cannot move or disrupt weld flow and molten metal burning and cauterizing all in one process! suck it up.

I was a pipeline welder before I got my IT degree (great motivation BTW). The inside of my arms at the elbows were in a constant state of puss and blisters. Building airplanes is waayyyy easy.

I was a code welder building pressure vessels for the oilfield to pay for my last year in college, I can attest to the motivation that provides.

Avoid super glues

Super glue works great for small puncture wounds, and for the time I drilled into my thumb. :eek::eek:

Unless you are in real trouble, don't use super glue!!! I was in an ER one time awaiting my med crew when a guy came in with a cut all super glued. The surgeon proceeded to start snipping all the area glued. He needed to open it up to check for muscle damage.

Direct pressure is the best thing and wrapping tightly if possible.