Fedico94

Has anyone heard of a product Deacon 4011 used to seal boilers ? Deacon Industries of Washington, PA. High temp sealant 600 to 1350 degree farhenheit. Honey Consistency, non expanding and heat cures. This may e good for the skin to firewall filler. Also same properties in 4011 P (paste) which may be good for heater valve box.:confused:

FW sealant

Van's says to use Proseal. A local builder found that it's easy to form/mold using a surgical like glove and acetone on the glove, which keeps the proseal from sticking to the glove.

Based on the information on Deacon's website, it looks like 8875 might be a better choice due to its higher temperature rating.

Van's recommends Flamemaster CS 1900. From Flamemaster's website:

"Firewall Sealant Used for sealing firewall structures. It is elastomeric and is able to withstand intermittent temperatures of up to 2000 deg. F."

Van's sells the stuff, but they won't ship it anymore because of hazardous materials shipping rules. They lack the necessary permit. There are a few vendors that sell it; a search should turn up a thread with links.

You Can Order From Vans

I just ordered MC-CS-1900 today. The manufacturer now drop-ships from Vans'
order. Vans separates it from the rest of your order (2 invoices). I'll let you know how long it takes to get it to me.

order. Vans separates it from the rest of your order (2 invoices). I'll let you know how long it takes to get it to me.

Interesting. A few days ago they weren't doing that yet; apparently they worked a solution.

Just an FYI....

I called Flamemaster directly today in an attempt to order some CS 1900, and was told that the minimum order was $175 whether it was a private or business order. Their loss, I'll be calling Sealpak now.

Last edited:
Just an FYI....

I called Flamemaster directly today in an attempt to order some CS 1900, and was told that the minimum order was $175 whether it was a private or business order. Their loss, I'll be calling Sealpak now.

I contacted Sealpak myself after a similar conversation with someone at Flamemaster. I wanted to buy a 6oz. Semco cartridge like Vans sells (technically about 3oz. of material) but I was told that they don't sell CS 1900 packaged that way. I eventually wound up buying a Semco cartridge from a company in SoCal called Sealants & More in Panorama City, CA. Not much internet info on them but here it is if it helps someone:
http://home.netcom.com/~sealants/dist.html

Greg, did you ever receive this?