algrajek

Well Known Member
I would like to see where you all are routing the engine sensor wires etc. through the firewall and fwd baggage area to the back of the panel. Any pics would be appreciated.
Thanks
Al

I converted the lower baggage well to an electronics bay and all of my wires exit the firewall thru that area. I can try and post a pic later if you want.

EDIT. Posted Image

Last edited:
Wire routing

I ran two bundles, one to each bank of the engine. On the right side I ran the bundle just below the angle that is foot or so below the baggage door opening. I ran the left bundle at the same place on the left side.

On the right side are: Cylinder #1 and #3 EGT and CHT, Alternator output,(#8 gauage wire), and Field wire.

On the left side: Cylinder #2 and #4 EGT, and CHT, Oil temp, Oil pressure, and Fuel pressure sensor wires.

This setup has 1130 hours and ten years on it without any problems.

Last edited:
CPC

On N725CB I Ran all engine wires (except fatties) to one CPC plug & put a bulkhead receptacle just forward of the baggage door hinge channel. Whole bundle runs along overhead and can't get snagged/chafed. Engine can be unplugged like a QEC and the firewall can be stripped clean with a screwdriver (except eng mount & cables).

Nordo,
If you have the electrical drawing from Van's, it depicts a firewall penetration on the right sidewall, just below the front baggage shelf level.
Run your alternator feed and field, p-leads,master and starter relay control wires, right side egt and cht, etc. thru this hole.
Make another penetration opposite of that one on the left side below baggage floor level. Run your left bank egt, cht, fuel press., oil press, fuel flow sensor wires thru that one. You'll be good to go!
Keep the lower forward baggage area clean. You'll want that area for the smoke tank!:D

Regards,
Mutha