david.perl

Well Known Member
hi there

I am about to order FF kit for my 7A

Any pointers on things to swap around?

I have the heater vent being swapped for a stainless steel version but thats all so far.

many thanks

David

Last edited:
Engine mount???

Some food for thought on a 7a with light FP prop would be which engine mount 0-320 or 0-360.The 0-320 mount is 2" longer this moves your cg just a little closer to the nose with the 0-360 mounted on it.It will require some glass work on the end of the cowl or you can get Sam James to build a long cowl for you.If you order the 0-360 cowl from Vans which you will need to match the intake scoop for vertical draft & clearance, you WILL encounter Heavy Resistance from Vans as this is not a supported configuration.Vans designed the 7/7a to accommodate what builders were doing to the 6.. 200hp CS,full IFR panels,heaver pilots so its biased cg is aft on a light eng&prop.You can hang brass weights on the nose which to me building as light as ship as possible makes no sense at all.IMHO just a suggestion.
Bob

Fire wall forward: My Bad,... wire kit from Stein,hoses from Bonaco,oil cooler from Pacific oil cooler...etc

Last edited:
Are the Bonaco hoses better than vans? I've used Bonaco brake lines and like them. Are there any wires in the FF kit?