grayforge

Well Known Member
I've got an ECI IOX-370 scheduled for assembly as we speak, should be here in Oct. I'm wondering about Firewall Forward items.

Is everything in the Vans Firewall Forward kit for the RV-7A IO-360 (p/n: FF-7/7A IO-360M1B CS) compatible with an ECI engine?

Exhaust, control cables, fuel lines, baffling, etc. Their Cold Air Sump is their own, not the common Superior unit, but hopefully, everything important is in the same location.

I know the safe thing to do is wait until I get the engine mounted and measure everything, but it would be nice to know that it's compatible with the Vans' Experimental Lycoming (EA XIO-360-M1B).

Other specs:
9:1 compression
Dual P-Mags
Precision Silver Hawk Fuel Injection

Thanks!
Russ

I've got an ECI IOX-370 scheduled for assembly as we speak, should be here in Oct. I'm wondering about Firewall Forward items.

Is everything in the Vans Firewall Forward kit for the RV-7A IO-360 (p/n: FF-7/7A IO-360M1B CS) compatible with an ECI engine?

Exhaust, control cables, fuel lines, baffling, etc. Their Cold Air Sump is their own, not the common Superior unit, but hopefully, everything important is in the same location.

I know the safe thing to do is wait until I get the engine mounted and measure everything, but it would be nice to know that it's compatible with the Vans' Experimental Lycoming (EA XIO-360-M1B).

Other specs:
9:1 compression
Dual P-Mags
Precision Silver Hawk Fuel Injection

Thanks!
Russ

Hi Russ, when i buy Matittuck TMXIO-360 it seems to be identical to io-360 m1b but I would have to do new hoses for fuel because the firewall foward kit do not include a flow sensor, you could get the list of the kit and separate the variables such as hoses, the baffle kit i dont know if it is compatible you have parallel or angle valves?

I install a Rod Bower RAM air so i dont use the snorkel that cost about 200USD.

in summary dont buy the hoses, when you have the engine mounted get the correct lenghts and call Tom from TSflightlines and you go safe, i got a lot of things in mi shop wothout installation.

Regards,

Mine's gonna be parallel valve.

It'll have tapered fin cylinders. Not sure if that makes a difference with anything.