gassman

Getting ready to order my firewall forward kit for my 7. Is there anything you would recommend to swap out? Exhaust?

FF changes

Getting ready to order my firewall forward kit for my 7. Is there anything you would recommend to swap out? Exhaust?

I deleted the exhaust and ordered direct from Vetterman
Depending on the plan, you may find Vans hoses don't fit.
I have all of them if you want a deal on any of them. Mine is an IO-360-M1B with firewall mounted oil cooler and a CF plenum so I couldn't make use of the oil cooler hoses. Fuel hoses were not a good fit either. TS Flightlines made all my lines. The rest all worked out pretty well.
I didn't use the spinner parts either.

I suggest you review the components in the FWF kit and decide if that is what you want. Examples include the brands and models of:
- Governor
- Oil Cooler
- Alternator

Check that the FWF hoses and control cables match your engine configuration. Verify the FWF assumptions for things like where the battery is mounted to see if you can live with that.

Carl

Thanks. After talking to vetterman I am deleting the exhaust. Also battery box and got a email in to whirlwind to see if the mt prop governor would work with their prop or if I should just buy the one they sell.