prkaye

Well Known Member
I want to add some firesleeve to the hoses to my oil cooler (one of them passes close to the fuel pressure sender, so I particularly want this one firesleeved).
I'm not at the airport and don't plan on being there for a week, but I'd like to order the firesleeve now. Problem is, I don't know off-hand what diameter to get. Anybody know what ID for firesleeve is correct for the hoses to a standard (vans) oil cooler?

Phil---Stratoflex 2650-10. You'll have to work it over the B nuts. Aeroquip AE102-13 ca also be used.
Tom

Fire sleeve

When the fire sleeve is tight on the hose and hard to slide you may be able to inflate it a little with compressed air and make this task easy. Have a helper insert a blow nozzle into the open end and wrap their hand around it to make a seal. Do the same on the other end and you can regulate the amount of inflation by how tight you squeeze, this doesn't take much pressure. Between the slight expansion of the sleeve and the air flowing around the hose they normally slide right on.

Don Broussard

RV 9 Rebuild in Progress

Yep---that works Don. I use the next sized smaller ID sleeve, and install it BEFORE I crimp the last fitting. Makes a nice assembly and a smaller OD package. Doesnt sound like much, but in some cases makes a difference.
Tom