crabandy

Well Known Member
Fuel flow line touches the firewall under the manifold, is the fire sleeve enough chafe protection? Reset fittings to move further from firewall?
7982E323-AA18-4D34-BB02-3265764DEED0-952-0000006D3CE3489F.jpg

Fuel line from fuel pump to carb is about 1/4 inch from my brakeline(Popsicle stick). Should I move the brakeline, wrap rescue tape around brake line, or is the fire sleeve chafe resistant enough?
EA2F7087-D755-4E5D-91CE-053B5D0CB2DF-952-0000006A079B2769.jpg

chafing

Use an Adel clamp on the firewall and another on the engine support to keep things from moving around. No more problem.

I could live with the firewall issue. Something to watch, but, again, I'd live with it.

I'd relocate the brake line to eliminate the point of interference. Since both ends of that fuel line are attached to the engine, I don't think you want to hard mount the line to the engine mount at mid-span. That would flex the hose every time the engine moved.

I like Kyle's brake line idea. On the firewall I'd just put a dab of orange RTV between the hose and firewall. It's not going anywhere, but the firesleeve will leave a sort of sweep mark on the firewall otherwise.

Would a 90 degree fitting and using the hole on the right side of the manifold fix that problem?

Move the brake line for pic. #2.

Thanks for the replies! I will move the brake line and moving the 90* fitting for the fuel flow to the right side of the manifold and positioning it slightly away from the firewall will work great!
Thanks,
Andy