catmandu

Well Known Member
Patron
Booster
Since purchasing my flying -6A on December 6th, I have racked up 54 hours, 84 landings, and an infinite number of RV grins. Twelve or so hours of transition and transit home in December, down for six weeks of installation work (lights, nose job, etc.) and then 40 odd hours in the last two months. I have done the trip to JAX and back three times (including this past Sunday), flown a friend or two to lunch, and have had the great joy of being able to look out the window, say to myself “What a nice day to fly,” dropping everything demanding my attention just to go knock out a few trips around the pattern. I don’t think there is single negative thing I can say about the whole experience, even the problems that pop up are seriously fun to solve and work on. To any of you out there, sitting on the fence, waiting to make a decision: DECIDE ALREADY! You will wonder why it took you so long, and you will yearn for the time lost that could have been enjoyed in these wonderful birds so graciously given to us by Richard VanGrunsven.

The official end of my personal Phase 1 came this morning, when I got an email from my broker that the insurance underwriter has approved me to instruct in my plane. Now to find a DPE open to using an RV for an ATP single engine add-on for my wife . . .

Played with the iPad mini some on Sunday as I came back from JAX, thought about this as an avatar, but went a different direction, as you can see above:

NorthOverSC.jpg

Last edited:
Congratulations, Mike! What a great accomplishment. Your words inspire me?I've taken the plunge, but I'm still buying basic tools, getting my head around riveting and building the workbench?and trying not to suffocate under the enormity of the project! :)

DPE?

The official end of my personal Phase 1 came this morning, when I got an email from my broker that the insurance underwriter has approved me to instruct in my plane. Now to find a DPE open to using an RV for an ATP single engine add-on for my wife . . .

Mike,

Congratulations on getting done with your personal phase 1! I feel the joy in your post! Many years of RV fun!!!:D

A DPE Tony Capozzi works out of St. Marys.....great guy. Professional and fair.

YOL BOLSON!!!